Black River Electric Cooperative COVID-19 UPDATE
May 26, 2020
Please read before visiting one of our offices –
BREC continues monitoring the COVID-19 virus to protect the health of our members and employees. Our offices are now open during normal business hours, however to minimize the spread of COVID-19, we are asking members to visit an office only if necessary. Please consider the bill payment options listed below, before visiting an office.
Available Payment Methods
- U.S. Mail
- Our SmartHub App (available by searching SmartHub NISC in your app store)
- Online at
- Our automated phone payment system at 1-888-461-COOP (2667)
- External deposit boxes at any BREC office
- Kiosks in Fredericktown, Piedmont, Ellington & Marble Hill
- By calling us at 1-800-392-4711
- Office Lobbies – Follow Lobby Rules Below
If a lobby visit is necessary, please follow these rules while at a BREC facility.
- Do not enter if you are feeling ill, tested positive for the COVID-19 virus or have had recent contact with anyone who has tested positive for the COVID-19 virus.
- Please read signs to determine lobby capacity and wait outside if lobby is at capacity.
- Please pay attention to floor markings and signs.
- Please be respectful of others by completing business as quickly as possible.
- Please maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet at all times
- Cover all coughs and sneezes.
- While disconnections of service are currently suspended, the accumulated bills are not forgiven. Making full or partial payments now will help reduce large catch-ups.
- Please check for updated information on our website, www.brec.coop. Please feel free to contact us by phone 24/7/365 at 1-800-392-4711.
- Thank you for your cooperation and patience during this unusual time.