A record number of members participated in Black River Electric Cooperative’s 82nd Annual Meeting, Saturday, October 10th. Due to the pandemic, the meeting was changed to a drive-thru format, allowing members to register and vote from the comfort and safety of their vehicles. BREC was delighted to have 843 members drive-thru and register, eclipsing the previous record of 717 in 2012 and a 66% increase from last year.
BREC employees, donned masks and reflective traffic vests to register members car-side. Members received a $15 electric bill credit and a registration gift bag. They were also entered in prize drawings. Members then drove forward to vote in the board of director’s election using a new electronic voting system.
Because of the pandemic, the business meeting was held outside, reminiscent of days gone by. General Manager John Singleton reported on the cooperative’s activities during the last year, including the co-op’s solid financial condition. Singleton also reported that the Board of Directors has announced a capital credit return of $1,040,000. This is the 43rd consecutive year the member-owned, not for profit cooperative has returned credits to its members. In all, more than $25,000,000 has been returned to members during that span. He also reported that rates had remained unchanged for the fourth consecutive year.
Members re-elected Gary Cook, Marble Hill; James (Bill) Hovis, Hiram; and Bruce Gastineau, Ellington to serve three year terms on the cooperative’s Board of Directors. Thirty-five members won electric bill credits ranging from $25-$100 and Shaelyn Bowling of Fredericktown won the $500 Grand Prize Drawing. Prize drawings were held Monday at BREC headquarters and winners were notified and posted on .
BREC would like to thank everyone who attended the Drive-Thru Annual Meeting. Members’ cooperation during these difficult times and participation in their cooperative is truly appreciated.
82nd Annual Meeting Prize Drawings
Congratulations! The following members were drawn to receive electric bill credits.
$25 Electric Bill Credit Winners:
- Wesley Royer - Fredericktown
- Betsy Ryan - Arcadia
- Paul Tuller - Fredericktown
- Oak Grove Church Fredericktown
- Duane Woods - Fredericktown
- Pete Cofer - Dayton
- Jerry Marquis - Marble Hill
- City Motors - Fredericktown
- Twin Oaks Church – Marquand
- Gary R Matthews – Fredericktown
- Arlie Sanders Jr. – Piedmont
- Linard Crites – Sedgewickville
- Pat Huddleston – Piedmont
- Kathy Fulbright – Marble Hill
- David White - Fredericktown
- Sherri Hays – Patton
- Paul H Hale - Fredericktown
- Wayne County Improvement – Greenville
- Thomas Swoboda – Lesterville
- Richard Copeland – Scott City
$50 Electric Bill Credit Winners:
- Donnie Henson - Fredericktown
- James Priday - Fredericktown
- Church of Christ Patton
- Brian Hahn - Fredericktown
- 1st Baptist Church of Marble Hill
- Mary Ann Kennedy - Fredericktown
- Lucille Hinkle - Fredericktown
- Annalee Hicks - Fredericktown
- Katherine Dunn- Des Arc
- Willis Barton – Marquand
$100 Electric Bill Credit Winners:
- Byron White – Marquand
- Roger Ward - Fredericktown
- Nathan Hartman - Fredericktown
- Janice Moyers – Oak Ridge
- Beverly Hinkle – Annapolis
GRAND PRIZE WINNER OF $500.00 CASH:
Shaelyn Bowling - Fredericktown